2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | 🡆 Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Checking in

Anything, almost anything at all
(even advertisement if it's decent, spammers will be banned)
RJKD
Tutorial Creator

Checking in

Post#1 by RJKD » 19 Aug 2020, 12:10

Hi guys, just checking in to let you know I'm alive and well. Unfortunately my mental health has taken a hit lately - PTSD following last years hospitalisation, I'm getting help.
I've decided to 'clean up' an old felt tip doodle, this is going to be a labour of love, it's going to take months - here goes, see you on the dark side.

Ella
Tutorial Creator

Post#2 by Ella » 19 Aug 2020, 13:06

Hi Richard, very happy to read something from you again.
What a pity your mental health isn't going so well at the moment.
I hope you get all the help you need.
Take care and hopefully you'll come back (in a few months) with some positive news :red_heart:
Ella's gallery My Blender work - Ella
My Blog - Le temps perdu

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
(Leonard Cohen)

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#3 by skinnyhouse » 19 Aug 2020, 13:50

Hi Richard...
It certainly hasn't been a good few months even for fit and healthy folk, but hand on in there. Just good to hear from you! Stay safe.

Issabella
Script Tester

Post#4 by Issabella » 19 Aug 2020, 19:12

Hello Richard, I hope and wish you will overcome your health problem very, very soon. You know that here you have a lot of people who want and wish the best for you. Take your time and when you can say hello. We will be happy to learn news from you.
A lot of courage and be confident because you will overcome it. :2_Thumbs:
Issabella

Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.

oldmangrumpy
Tutorial Creator

Post#5 by oldmangrumpy » 19 Aug 2020, 19:39

Hey Richard,

Hang in there mate, lots of mental support coming from your Gimp friends. I know a bit about what you are going through so keep in touch when you need some extra input to help you through.
Senior's moments are just part of a lifelong learning experience - never stop learning
OMG's: Downunder Art Thread | Gold Ring Addiction

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#6 by Krikor » 20 Aug 2020, 18:10

Hi Richard, it is never good when we are not in good health. The important thing is that you have patience and take care of yourself, little by little your health will be recovering. Get well!
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

RJKD
Tutorial Creator

Post#7 by RJKD » 05 Sep 2020, 15:14

Thankyou so much for all your support. My anxiety reached fever pitch, it was horrid. Then I learned about exactly what happens to my body viz a viz an adrenaline dump to the gut and explored that. Then one day when it occurred I told myself what was happening and it broke the 'spell'. So I've had about a week with no anxiety whatsoever.
Unfortunately my project lost many days when I accidently pressed a short cut and blurred my image and couldn't undo, however I'm undeterred and will press on.
You guys Rock.

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#8 by skinnyhouse » 06 Sep 2020, 06:53

RJKD: Sounds like you have made some progress recently. The project setback seems to have been taken in your stride as a result of your new inner strength (clumsy words). Hope to see your digital progress when you claw back the lost work. Stay safe and strong.

Ella
Tutorial Creator

Post#9 by Ella » 06 Sep 2020, 07:33

Richard, good to hear some more news from you.
Especially to read there's some progress.
Keep believing in yourself and your strength.
And hopefully you also have the support of family and friends.
Take care.

Ella
Ella's gallery My Blender work - Ella
My Blog - Le temps perdu

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
(Leonard Cohen)

Pat625
Tutorial Creator

Post#10 by Pat625 » 12 Sep 2020, 06:13

RJKD, I am so glad to hear you are feeling much better! You found a way to cope with your adversity, as you have in the past. I believe you are a very strong person who actively seeks information and uses it to improve your situation. I admire you immensely. I pray for your health to continue improving. Be careful and stay safe!

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | 🡆 Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP