2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Lined Paths Plug-in

Share your Python Fu Scripts/plug-ins for GIMP here
tim
GL Blogger

Re: Lined Paths Plug-in

Post#61 by tim » 24 Jan 2019, 19:49

@Pat625 , Does it look like this vectors stack?
control 1 and control 2 on vectors stack.jpg
control 1 and control 2 on vectors stack.jpg # (23.14 KiB) Viewed 2248 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile)
Because it reads from first and 2nd vector (top 2).
Then if you say YES to use control points, then it reads vectors by name 'control 1' and 'control 2', so it doesn't matter where the control 1 and 2 are as long as they're not the first 2 vectors.
aka Tin

Issabella
Script Tester

Post#62 by Issabella » 24 Jan 2019, 21:30

Thank you so much for your nice comments. Tin, thank you for this new addition to your plug-in. It's great mainly because I don't know what the paths are going to produce. hehehehe.
Pat, I, like you, don't control the controls (hehehehe) but I see that they alter the direction of paths.
OMG, what beautiful results. I love them. please, go on creating because this one was much from your outcomes.
Attachments
Creation Glassy Lined Paths Tin_Issa.jpg
Creation Glassy Lined Paths Tin_Issa.jpg # (264.84 KiB) Viewed 2243 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile)
Issabella

Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.

oldmangrumpy
Tutorial Creator

Post#63 by oldmangrumpy » 25 Jan 2019, 00:20

Issabella - thank you; yes with the plug-in upgrade I shall continue. I played around a little to test out the combination of control path location, shape and start and finish points to see if I could obtain some level of outcome predictability ... but instead I shall rely on my old friend 'serendipity' :)

First ones with controls (or should I say 'uncontrols') -
Attachments
universe2_contolled_lined_paths.png
universe2_contolled_lined_paths.png # (921.14 KiB) Viewed 2236 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile)
universe_contolled_lined_paths.png
universe_contolled_lined_paths.png # (767.88 KiB) Viewed 2236 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile)
Senior's moments are just part of a lifelong learning experience - never stop learning
OMG's: Downunder Art Thread | Gold Ring Addiction

Pat625
Tutorial Creator

Post#64 by Pat625 » 25 Jan 2019, 01:44

Issabella, beautiful. I think you have more control than you think.

OMG, beautiful as always and with great control also.

Pat625
Tutorial Creator

Post#65 by Pat625 » 25 Jan 2019, 02:33

Maybe still my problems with Gimp. I just did the same exact thing 4 times and the last time it worked! I did not change a thing and I know I did what your instructions stated yesterday. Strange?

Pat625
Tutorial Creator

Post#66 by Pat625 » 25 Jan 2019, 04:01

Continuing problem, sometimes it works, other times not. Also I cannot get the gradient color on the outcome of the curved paths. How to do that? I even tried Stroke visible paths but that did not work either.

oldmangrumpy
Tutorial Creator

Post#67 by oldmangrumpy » 25 Jan 2019, 05:11

Pat - I was also not happy with attempts to stroke the paths with a gradient; my revised approach is just to create the paths from the plug-in, then simply stroke the paths with a single colour (typically only 2 pixels size), then on the stroked paths layer I select non transparent and finally use the blend tool in whatever mode I prefer.

The only time I get error messages is when the target paths are not on top of the path stack.
Senior's moments are just part of a lifelong learning experience - never stop learning

Issabella
Script Tester

Post#68 by Issabella » 25 Jan 2019, 07:04

Thank you Pat and OMG. Nice and interesting shapes.
I apply to the paths a stroke to give them color. Only give color from gradient if it is required a draw, I think.
Issabella

Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.

oldmangrumpy
Tutorial Creator

Post#69 by oldmangrumpy » 25 Jan 2019, 21:17

OK, absolutely, definitely an end to the lined paths binge after this one. Spent a bit of time considering the variations made by just moving the control paths and keeping the 2 originals in place. Some level of predictability is then delivered by the plug-in.
Attachments
controlled_lined_paths.png
controlled_lined_paths.png # (877.28 KiB) Viewed 2192 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile)

Pat625
Tutorial Creator

Post#70 by Pat625 » 26 Jan 2019, 02:05

Nice, OMG. How many different controls do you have in that image?

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Post Reply New Topic